Wilton For Living | Community Profile
- “Living and working in Wilton is like being a part of a large supportive family. There is a strong sense of community that includes our seniors to our children. There is something for everyone including a vibrant village center with wonderful shopping, restaurants and cinema to the programs at the library senior center, teen center and the YMCA “, Peg Koellmer, Owner/Broker Realty Seven, Inc.
- Population: 18,643
- Land Area: 27 sq. miles / 70 sq. kilometers
- Distance to…
New York: 54 mi. / 87 km.
Hartford: 55 mi. / 89 km.
Boston: 147 mi. / 240 km.
- Train Stations: Two Metro North stops with easy, free parking
- Airports: 5 within 90 minutes: LGA, JFK, EWR, HPN, BDL
- National Historic Parks: 1 Weir Farm
- Bond rating: Aaa
- Businesses in Wilton: +970
- Employed in Wilton: +12,500
- Median Age: 43 years old
- College degrees: 77% bachelors or higher
- Median Household Income: $172,000
- Median Home Value: $811,000
- Annual Educational spending local and state: $86.7 million
- Wilton School enrollment: 4083
- Average Combined SAT 2015-2016: 1,200
- 91% of the class of 2016 test takers scored 3 or better on AP exams
- 24 members of the class of 2016 were recognized by National Merit Scholarship Program